While searching through our travel photos, we noticed that we’ve been to most of the best honeymoon destinations in the world. Dave and I treat our travels like a honeymoon. We’re married, so why can’t every trip be like going on a honeymoon? Even on our greatest adventures, we look for romance. While our actual honeymoon was in the Dominican Republic where we went horseback riding on the beach for the first time, we have upped the romance factor over the years to include some of the most romantic destinations on earth from the Caribbean and beyond.
Popular Honeymoon Destinations
Whether you are looking for romantic honeymoon destinations or adventurous honeymoon destinations we’ve rounded up the best things to see in do from strolling hand in hand on white sand beaches to going whale watching or hiking through national parks, these ideas will help you decide where to create your very own romantic getaway.
Santorini is a picture-perfect honeymoon destination located in the Greek Isles. Cave hotels line the caldera creating the most beautiful scene on earth. Spend your days relaxing in luxury.
This island is filled with luxurious resorts overlooking breathtaking scenery complete with private plunge pools and beautiful infinity pools. With luxury resorts lining black sand beaches and hiking trails out to red sand beaches, Santorini is definitely one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in the world. All you need to do is see the photo sessions taking place around the island.
Romance activities in Santorini include a sunset cruise, couples spa treatments, sandy beaches, wine tastings, and romantic Greek cuisine. Santorini is definitely our favorite place to visit in Greece.
Where to Stay in Santorini
- Andronis Luxury Suites (Oia): Located in Oia, this luxury hotel offers stunning views of the caldera, a beautiful infinity pool, and high-end amenities.
- Iconic Santorini Boutique Cave Hotel (Imerovigli) This luxury hotel in Imerovigli boasts an infinity pool with panoramic views, along with elegant rooms. Some have their own plunge pools.
- Katikies Santorini – These luxury suites in Oia offer spacious accommodations, each with a private plunge pool, cave suites and it has an infinity pool with sea views.
The best time to visit Santorini is during the shoulder seasons (April to June and September to October), when the weather is warm, the crowds are fewer and prices are more reasonable.
Explore more of Santorini to help plan your honeymoon
2. St. Lucia
St. Lucia has often been voted the number one Caribbean honeymoon destination and after visiting, we understood why. With white sand beaches and resorts boasting jaw-dropping views of the Petit and Grand Pitons, there are luxury resorts in St. Lucia catering to couples only. It is one of the best places in the Caribbean for scuba diving with coral reefs and clear waters.
Straddling the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, St. Lucia has two sides. The secluded beaches and natural beauty of the wild south and the long sandy beaches or the nightlife, and hustle and bustle of the north. We had the best private swimming we’ve ever seen with a billion-dollar view in the South of St. Lucia at Stonefield Villas. Or stay on the north end of the island to enjoy the silky white sand beaches and luxury watersports for a romantic getaway in the thick of the action.
Where to Stay in St. Lucia
- Jade Mountain Resort: This luxury resort offers stunning views of the Pitons from each suite, all of which feature their own private infinity pool.
- Stonefield Villas: All suites in this resort have an open wall facing the Pitons and the Caribbean Sea, providing breathtaking views from their private pools.
- Calabash Cove: This luxury e-resort offers a wide range of amenities, including a beautiful beach, a restaurant, and extensive water sports options.
The best time to visit St. Lucia is between May and June when you’ll find lower rates and still enjoy good weather before the rainy season.
- Read the Best Things to do in Saint Lucia – A Tropical Paradise to see why you should go there.
- Read where to stay in St. Lucia – a comparison between North and South
Visiting the Maldives is like a dream. A honeymoon getaway to a private island in the Maldives is so extravagant you’ll never want to leave. Secluded over the water bungalows on private island resorts in the middle of the Indian Ocean were made for romance making Maldives one of the best honeymoon destinations in the world.
The private islands (atolls) pristine beaches make it picture perfect where you can do nothing at all if you like and simply order room service and sip champagne on your balcony floating in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
If you are looking for a more adventurous honeymoon, The Maldives has it all. Scuba Diving, snorkeling, private island picnics, and spa treatments for couples, this is one of the most popular honeymoon destinations on earth. Romance activities include dinner on the beach, couples massage, and scenic flights. Read more: 15 of The Best Things to do in Maldives
Where to Stay in Maldives
- Cinnamon Hakura Hura – Luxurious over-the-water bungalows on a private island
- Soneva Jani: This luxury resort features overwater villas, some with slides going directly into the lagoon, retractable roofs for stargazing from your bed, and private pools.
- Gili Lankanfushi: Here, you’ll stay in luxurious overwater villas and can even enjoy a private island experience.
- COMO Cocoa Island: This resort stands out with villas designed like traditional Maldivian fishing boats on stilts.
The Maldives is a year-round destination, but for the best weather, consider visiting between November and April, which is the dry season.
4. Venice Italy
Venice, the “City of Canals,” is one of the most romantic cities in the world. Get lost in the Venice canals, take a romantic gondola ride, or better yet, hire a private water taxi to see its historic buildings. Strolling through its narrow, winding streets creates an atmosphere that’s unlike any other city in the world. Exploring Venice can feel like stepping back in time, and the city’s unique features are sure to make your honeymoon memorable.
Visit iconic structures like St. Mark’s Basilica, the Doge’s Palace, and the Rialto Bridge, and don’t miss visiting the Islands of Murano and Burano. Take a boat trip to these nearby islands known for their glassmaking and lace-making traditions, respectively.
Plus, Venice’s location makes it easy to explore other romantic cities in Italy. Verona, the city of Romeo and Juliet, is just a short train ride away, as are Florence and Rome.
Where to Stay in Venice
- The Gritti Palace: This historic and luxurious hotel, located on the Grand Canal, offers exceptional service, elegantly decorated rooms, and a private dock for gondolas.
- Belmond Hotel Cipriani: Situated on the tip of Giudecca Island, this hotel offers stunning views of Venice and features beautiful gardens, a swimming pool, and a complimentary private boat service to central Venice.
- H10 Palazzo Casanova – Steps to the Grand Canal, modern hotel with great amenities. One of the best hotels in Venice if you are looking for a modern interior.
The best times to visit Venice are from April to June and September to November when the weather is mild and the city is less crowded. However, Venice’s timeless beauty makes it a stunning destination no matter the season.
If you are looking for a memorable honeymoon Tanzania is a place you will never forget. Nothing is more thrilling than spotting the Big 5 African wildlife with the one you love. Book a luxury safari to Tanzania where you can stay in a tented camp in one of its national parks.
If you really want a honeymoon to remember, climb Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa. And for the ultimate in a luxurious experience float over the Serengeti in a hot air balloon.
Where to Stay
- Four Seasons Serengeti Safari Lodge: This luxurious lodge in the heart of the Serengeti offers stunning views, an infinity pool, and the chance to see wildlife right from your room.
- Ngorongoro Crater Lodge: Perched on the edge of the Ngorongoro Crater, this lodge offers unique architecture, spectacular views, and easy access to game drives.
The best time to visit Tanzania depends on what you want to do. For a safari in the Serengeti and Ngorongoro, the dry season (June to October) is best for wildlife viewing. For climbing Kilimanjaro, the best times are January to March and June to October. Zanzibar is pleasant year-round, but it’s driest from June to October and December to February.
When you are finished with your safari, make your way to Zanzibar for a relaxing honeymoon on one of the most beautiful beaches you’ll ever witness. Zanzibar is an archipelago off the east coast of Tanzania. : Zanzibar is renowned for its white sandy beaches and clear turquoise waters. Places like Nungwi and Kendwa in the north, and Paje and Jambiani in the east, offer idyllic settings for relaxation and sunbathing.
The Mnemba Atoll and the marine reserves around the island offer a rich diversity of sea life making it perfect for snorkeling. Known as The Spice Island, Zanzibar offers aromatic tours of its spice farms, where you can learn about the cultivation of spices like clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon. To up the romance factor take a traditional dhow cruise at sunset for a romantic experience.
- Read more about Tanzania at 18 Amazing Things to Do in Tanzania – Dream Trip
- African Animals – Incredible Moments on Safari
Where to Stay in Zanzibar
- Zuri Zanzibar: Located in Kendwa, this resort offers bungalow-style rooms, a beautiful beach, and stunning sunset views.
- The Residence Zanzibar: Set in a lush, forested 32-hectare estate where five-star luxuries sit harmoniously alongside nature’s untouched beauty.
- Park Hyatt Zanzibar: Located in Stone Town, this luxury hotel offers easy access to the city’s attractions, as well as a private beach area.
The best time to visit Zanzibar is during the dry seasons, from June to October and from December to February.
As one of the most popular honeymoon destinations, Fiji has 333 islands just waiting for couples to book a luxury honeymoon. With white sand beaches, lush jungles, and crystal clear waters, Fiji is an island paradise. If you are looking for one of the best honeymoon destinations for beach lovers with a mix of adventure, Fiji is your best bet!
Fiji is home to many luxury resorts located on your own private island, that offer the utmost privacy and tranquility, perfect for honeymooners. Many of these resorts offer beautiful ocean-view villas, private pools, and personal butler services. Fijians are known for their welcoming and friendly nature that will make your trip one to remember. With its blend of stunning natural beauty, luxurious resorts, rich culture, and a multitude of activities, Fiji offers a uniquely romantic and adventurous honeymoon experience.
Where to Stay
- Likuliku Lagoon Resort is Fiji’s first and only resort with overwater bures (traditional huts), offering a unique Fijian experience with luxury amenities.
- Tokoriki Island Resort: An adults-only resort known for its luxury and privacy, offering beachfront villas with private pools.
- We loved the Fiji Pearl on the mainland for adventures.
The best time to visit Fiji is from July to September, during the dry season, when the weather is pleasant, and the chance of cyclones is low.
- Read more about Fiji at 12 Things to Do in Fiji – The Ultimate South Pacific Dream Trip
8. Amalfi Coast
The Amalfi Coast, a 50-kilometer stretch of coastline along the southern edge of Italy’s Sorrentine Peninsula, is a dreamlike honeymoon destination, offering picturesque landscapes, historic sites, world-class cuisine, and charming seaside towns.
This region is home to several iconic towns such as Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello, each with its own unique charm. These towns offer beautiful beaches, quaint shops, historic churches, and stunning views. he Amalfi Coast boasts several historical sites including the ancient Roman city of Pompeii, the well-preserved Villa Romana in Minori, and the stunning Cathedral of Amalfi.
Indulge in Italian cuisine Italian with fresh seafood, locally grown produce, famous Neapolitan pizza, and delicious local wines. Don’t forget to try the region’s famous lemon liqueur, Limoncello. Hire a private boat charter to take you to the Grotta dello Smeraldo Cave or go to Capri for a night. Be sure to get a balcony room overlooking the Gulf of Salerno.
Where to Stay
- Le Sirenuse, Positano: A beautiful luxury hotel in Positano, offering stunning sea views, excellent dining options, and a pool terrace.
- Belmond Hotel Caruso, Ravello: Set in an 11th-century palace, this hotel offers infinity pools, lush gardens, and an exceptional dining experience.
- Santa Caterina Hotel, Amalfi: This family-run hotel offers spacious rooms with sea views, a private beach club, and a wellness center.
The best time to visit the Amalfi Coast is during spring and early autumn, when the weather is pleasant, and the area is less crowded.
- Read all about the Amalfi Coast at The Best Things to Do in Amalfi Coast, Italy
Maui is the ultimate romantic getaway. Playground to the rich and famous, this Hawaiian island is our favorite with breathtaking scenery and adventures from whale watching to volcano hiking. Known as the “Valley Isle,” is the second-largest of the Hawaiian islands and a fantastic choice for a honeymoon destination.
Maui boasts more than 30 miles of beaches from the golden sands of Ka’anapali Beach to the black sand beach at Waianapanapa State Park, there’s a beach for every taste. Couples can take a whale-watching tour (best from December to April), swim with sea turtles, or simply observe the diverse bird species found on the island.
Some of the best Maui highlights include driving the scenic Road to Hana or snorkeling at Molokini Crater. For those seeking more thrills, there’s surfing, ziplining, and even helicopter tours. Maui offers numerous romantic experiences, from couples’ spa treatments to beachside candlelit dinners. Watching the sunrise from the summit of Haleakala volcano is a truly unforgettable experience.
Where to Stay
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea: This luxury resort offers spacious rooms, a fantastic spa, and three restaurants. It’s also located on Wailea Beach, one of the best beaches in Maui.
- Fairmont Kea Lani Wailea Resort: Prime beachfront location, incredible rooms, .
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua: Located near the beautiful D.T. Fleming Beach, this resort offers luxury amenities, a golf course, and a Hawaiian cultural program.
- Read more: Best Places to Stay in Maui – The spacious suites and villas, coupled with exceptional service, ensure comfort. The diverse dining, world-class spa, and cultural activities provide
The best time to visit Maui depends on what you’re looking for. April through June and September through November are shoulder seasons when you might find lower prices and fewer tourists. However, the weather in Maui is warm year-round, making it a great honeymoon destination at any time. With its blend of natural beauty, outdoor activities, rich culture, and romantic experiences, Maui offers a honeymoon that’s both relaxing and full of adventure.
Iceland, the land of fire and ice, offers a unique honeymoon destination for adventurous couples. Just a five-hour flight from the East Coast of Canada and the USA, Iceland makes for a truly memorable honeymoon. It may be surprising but Iceland has some beautiful beaches. Its black sand beaches are world famous and shown in every Viking movie and fantasy series from Game of Thrones to the Secret Life of Walter Midi.
It’s a place where you can experience an array of natural wonders, from geysers to glaciers, waterfalls to volcanoes, all within a truly dramatic landscape. Experience the powerful waterfalls, geysers, hot springs, black sand beaches, and starkly beautiful lava fields.
One of the major draws for visitors to Iceland is the chance to see the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis). This can be an incredibly romantic experience to share. Drive the Golden Circle Tour to see the waterfall at Gullfoss, and Thingvellir National Park and visit the visit black sand beaches, waterfalls, and the beautiful Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon.
Where to Stay in Iceland
- Blue Lagoon Retreat: This luxury hotel offers access to the private waters of the Blue Lagoon, as well as a restaurant and a subterranean spa.
- Hotel Rangá: Located in the countryside, this hotel offers a great location for Northern Lights viewing, as well as a gourmet restaurant and outdoor hot tubs.
- ION Adventure Hotel: This hotel near Thingvellir National Park offers a modern, eco-friendly option with stunning views and an outdoor geothermal hot pool.
The best time to visit Iceland depends on what you want to experience. For the best weather and access to all areas, the summer months (June to August) are ideal. However, for Northern Lights viewing, the dark winter months (late September to early April) are the best.
The spiritual volcanic island of Bali, Indonesia is one of a kind honeymoon destination. Its endless beaches draw sun seekers to the island but its diverse landscape offers honeymoon ideas in idyllic settings among picturesque rice terraces, jungle escapes and cliff-top resorts. Bali has countless honeymoon options, luxury boutique hotels, and five-star resorts complete with the famous Bali infinity pool.
Bali is renowned for its spectacular beaches, from bustling Kuta Beach to the peaceful sands of Nusa Dua and the surfer’s paradise of Uluwatu. These provide a perfect setting for relaxation and watersports. Visit the Monkey Forest, Ubud Palace, and the traditional market. Don’t miss the beautiful Tegalalang Rice Terrace. After all that activity, make sure to book a Balinese massage with a floral bath.
It offers an extensive selection of luxury resorts and private villas that cater to honeymooners. Many feature private pools, lush gardens, and spa services. Bali is also well-known for its beautiful and affordable accommodations, allowing you to enjoy luxury at a lower price point than many other popular honeymoon destinations.
Where to Stay
- Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan: Located near the cultural town of Ubud, this resort offers luxurious villas and suites amidst a lush tropical landscape.
- The St. Regis Bali Resort: This luxury resort in Nusa Dua features both suites and villas, some with direct access to the beach and private pools.
- The Legian Bali: An all-suite hotel located in Seminyak, known for its sunset views, beachfront infinity pool, and excellent service.
- Amankila: Located in East Bali, Amankila offers stunning views of the Lombok Strait and features a three-tiered pool.
Bali is a year-round destination, but the dry season (April to September) is considered the best time to visit. It’s worth noting that despite its popularity, Bali offers many secluded areas for honeymooners, particularly in the upland area of Ubud and the lesser-traveled east and north coasts.
- Read More at 28 Things to Do in Bali – Local Insider Tips
- Bali on a Budget – Why it’s the Best Destination for Couples
- 2-day Itinerary with a Bali Local Guide
- You can never go wrong with a honeymoon at the Four Seasons Bali.
Paris, often known as “The City of Love,” is a classic honeymoon destination, and for good reason. It offers an intoxicating blend of culture, history, art, fashion, and, of course, some of the world’s finest food and wine. Here’s why Paris is perfect for a romantic getaway:
It is always listed as one of the best honeymoon destinations around the world. Couples can spend their honeymoon walking hand in hand through the city of light. Sip champagne on the Eiffel Tower, have a picnic in the Luxembourg Gardens, and take a riverboat along the Seine. Paris is the city of love and honeymooners will find the romance intoxicating.
For an unforgettable experience, have dinner at Le Jules Verne, a restaurant located in the Eiffel Tower itself.
Where to Stay
- Shangri-La Hotel, Paris: Once the home of Napoleon Bonaparte’s grandnephew, this hotel offers stunning views of the Eiffel Tower and the Seine River.
- Le Meurice: Overlooking the Tuileries Garden, this luxury hotel combines exceptional 18th-century opulence with contemporary chic.
- Saint James Paris: A neoclassical chateau turned hotel, it’s surrounded by its own private garden and offers a quiet, romantic stay.
The best time to visit Paris is from April to June and October to early November when the weather is mild, and the city is less crowded.
- Read our complete breakdown of Where To Stay In Paris – Best Neighborhoods and Hotels
- 27 Free Things to Do in Paris, France
- 3 Days in Paris: The Best Paris Itinerary for Your First Visit
If you are the type of couple that is looking for something different, Morocco is a hot spot for exotic honeymoons. The Moroccan Dessert oozes sex appeal with camel caravans and Bedouin camps. Spend your honeymoon in a luxury Riyad (traditional Moroccan house with interior gardens or courtyards) in Marrakech dining on nuts and olives. Or fly into Casablanca and relive the love story of Ingrid Bergman and Humphry Bogart. Here’s looking at you kid.
This North African country offers spice and variety. From the sandy beaches of Agadir, the stunning Atlas Mountains, the verdant valleys of the Rif and Tell Atlas, to the mesmerizing dunes of the Sahara Desert, Morocco boasts a wide variety of landscapes, providing endless adventures.
Visit the Blue City, Chefchaouen, book a guided Sahara Desert Tour and spend a night in a desert camp under the starlit sky and bond while taking a cooking class.
Where to Stay
- La Mamounia in Marrakech: A luxurious hotel offering a wonderful blend of Moroccan design with modern comfort. It features beautiful gardens, a large pool, and a comprehensive spa.
- Riad Fes in Fes: This luxury riad in the heart of the old Medina offers rooms decorated in various styles representing the country’s rich history and culture.
- Berber Luxury Desert Camp in Erg Chebbi: For a unique experience, spend a night or two at a luxury desert camp in the Sahara, complete with a private tent, bathroom facilities, and gourmet meals under the stars.
The best time to visit Morocco is during spring (mid-March to May) or autumn (September to October) when the weather is warm but not too hot.
Every Hawaiian Island could make for the perfect honeymoon destination. But we’re going to take you off the beaten path to the island of Lanai. This small Hawaiian Island is just a short ferry ride from Maui but it is a world away.
Lanai, the smallest inhabited island in Hawaii, is an exclusive and extraordinary honeymoon destination. It’s a place of unspoiled natural beauty, luxury resorts, and adventure activities, providing a tranquil and intimate atmosphere away from the crowds.
For adventurous couples, Lanai offers hiking trails, horseback riding, and 4×4 off-road driving. Water sports like snorkeling, diving, and sailing are available too, allowing you to explore the surrounding Pacific waters and marine life. Lanai is also home to the world-renowned Manele Golf Course, with stunning sea views and challenging holes, perfect for golf-loving couples.
Where to Stay
- Four Seasons Resort Lanai: This beachfront resort offers panoramic ocean views, world-class dining, a lagoon-style pool, and a variety of outdoor activities.
- Four Seasons Resort Lanai at Koele, A Sensei Retreat: This wellness-focused resort set in the uplands offers personalized wellness programs, yoga, and meditation, alongside luxury accommodations.
The best time to visit Lanai is between January and April when the weather is pleasant, and you might even catch the humpback whale migration.
- Read More at Things to Do in Lanai, Hawaii
15. Exuma Cays
With 365 islands, one for every day of the year, there are many places you can find a private retreat for a honeymoon in the Exumas. With all inclusive resorts that cater to adults only, these islands in the Bahamas were made for romance.
Its white sand beaches span emerald blue waters that are just waiting for you to dive in.
It’s lifestyles of the rich and famous as mega yachts anchor offshore in the gin blue waters. Take a sailing trip to see the nurse sharks of Compass Cay, swim in the famous Thunderball Grotto or go scuba diving in its clear waters. With Five star resorts and or private boutique hotels, the Exumas has it all. G Island hopping on a private boat charter and stop to see the swimming pigs on the tiny island at Major Bay.
Where to Stay in Exumas
- Sandals Emerald Bay: This all-inclusive resort offers luxury accommodations, several restaurants, a spa, a championship golf course, and a marina.
- Fowl Cay Resort: A private island resort offering six private villas, each with a personal boat for exploring the surrounding cays.
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa: This oceanfront resort offers private villas with beautiful views, a pool, a spa, and various dining options.
There is a reason every romantic loves the novel and movie Under the Tuscan Sun. For the ultimate stay in wine country, what could be better than the rolling hills of Italy? Imagine a honeymoon set within rolling hills, expansive vineyards, olive groves, in charming villas.
Staying at a Tuscan Villa in the Tuscany region of Italy will create lifelong memories for newlyweds. Sip Chianti Classico as you learn to make homemade pasta. Tour romantic castles, take walks through vineyards, and stroll hand in hand through medieval villages. From the art-filled streets of Florence to the medieval skyscrapers of San Gimignano and the unique tower houses of Lucca, Tuscany is rich in history and culture.
Where to Stay in Tuscany
- Belmond Castello di Casole: A luxury resort set in a historic castle, offering cooking classes, wine tours, and a full-service spa.
- Il Borro: A medieval village turned into a luxury resort owned by the Ferragamo family. It offers vineyard tours, horseback riding, and a wellness center.
- Four Seasons Hotel Firenze: A luxury urban resort set in a former palace and convent, with an incredible garden, a top-tier restaurant, and a high-end spa.
- Read More Tuscany Dreams – Stay in a Tuscan Villa
- 7 Unforgettable Reasons to Visit Tuscany
- Read More at 15 Stunning Photos to Inspire You to Visit Morocco by Niclas Glud
17. Rio de Janeiro
Known for its famously beautiful beaches like Copacabana and Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro is the ultimate luxury escape. These are excellent places to relax, people-watch, and enjoy watersports. For a quieter, more romantic atmosphere, Prainha Beach is a secluded spot surrounded by nature.
A city of music, dance, and festivals, you’ll immerse in its lively culture. Samba shows are a must-see, and for couples visiting during Carnival, the city comes alive with parades and parties. Art lovers can visit the Museum of Modern Art and the Museum of Fine Arts to explore Brazil’s artistic heritage.
Take in the sunset at Sugarloaf Mountain, visit Christ the Redeemer, enjoy a romantic boat ride in Guanabara Bay and explore Tijuca National Park
Where to Stay
- Belmond Copacabana Palace: This historic hotel offers luxury accommodations, a large pool, and top-notch service. It’s located right on Copacabana Beach.
- Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro: This stylish hotel in the trendy Ipanema neighborhood offers beautiful views, a rooftop pool, and a renowned restaurant.
- Santa Teresa Hotel RJ – MGallery: Located in the bohemian neighborhood of Santa Teresa, this boutique hotel features a tropical design and panoramic views of the city.
Rio de Janeiro is a destination that can be visited year-round, but the city’s biggest party, Carnival, typically takes place in February or early March, and it can be an exciting (though also very crowded) time to visit. The weather from May to October is a bit cooler and drier, which can be more comfortable for exploring the city and enjoying outdoor activities.
The Galapagos Islands, located off the coast of Ecuador, make for one of the most unique and exciting honeymoon destinations for couples looking for adventure, wildlife, and unique landscapes. Renowned for its incredible biodiversity. The islands are home to a myriad of unique species, many of which can be found nowhere else in the world. This includes the famous Galapagos tortoise and marine iguanas.
The islands offer a range of outdoor activities, such as snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, and hiking. These activities not only give couples the chance to witness the stunning wildlife but also to share adventurous and unforgettable experiences. Go hiking or mountain biking, Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station, and don’t miss diving and snorkeling.
There are numerous luxury cruises that tour the islands, providing top-notch service and comfort while giving you the opportunity to explore different islands each day. Many of these offer private cabins with ocean views, perfect for honeymooners. The Galapagos Islands are remote and far less crowded than typical honeymoon destinations, providing a sense of tranquility and privacy
Where to Stay
- Pikaia Lodge: One of the most luxurious accommodations in the Galapagos, Pikaia Lodge offers stunning views, a private turtle reserve, and all-inclusive packages that include guided tours and activities.
- Finch Bay Galapagos Hotel: This eco-friendly hotel provides a range of activities including yacht tours, snorkeling, and diving, as well as top-notch dining options.
- Galapagos Safari Camp: For a unique experience, this luxury tented camp offers a safari-style stay with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and the national park.
- Silver Galapagos Cruise: This luxury cruise offers 7-day all-inclusive itineraries, covering various islands. Cabins are spacious and well-equipped, and the ship offers amenities such as a spa and a fitness center.
19. Mayan Riviera / Cancun
Riviera Maya, located on the Caribbean coastline of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula, is a fantastic honeymoon destination that is regularly at the top of everyone’s honeymoon wish lists. It is famous for its wide range of all-inclusive resorts that cater to adults only and couples. It also has chic boutique hotels for a more intimate experience and plenty of honeymoon packages to suit all budgets. Many resorts offer all-inclusive options, private beach access, spa services, and honeymoon packages.
Home to some of the world’s most beautiful white-sand beaches and crystal clear water, Riviera Maya is perfect for relaxation, swimming, and you can explore the second-largest barrier reef in the world, the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef. This region is steeped in the ancient Mayan culture with several archaeological sites, including Tulum and Coba.
Where to Stay
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba: This luxurious resort offers private pool villas, a world-class spa, and a variety of dining options.
- Rosewood Mayakoba: Located along a mile-long arc of white Caribbean sand, this resort offers private suites, a rooftop sundeck, plunge pools, garden showers, and individual docks.
- Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya: An adults-only resort known for its pristine beaches, this resort offers unlimited luxury in an all-inclusive style.
The best time to visit the Riviera Maya is during the dry season, from November to February.
- Best Things to Do in Cancun, Mexico
- Swimming with Whale Sharks Cancun – A Massive Adventure
- Suggested couples hotel – Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Watch our video tour of the Excellence Riviera Cancun
Bermuda is just a short three-hour flight from New York but it is a world away. This island in the middle of the North Atlantic Ocean is one of the most underrated honeymoon destinations. With pink sand beaches, colorful colonial architecture, and world-class dining, Bermuda is a honeymoon to remember.
Stay at the Fairmont for five-star luxury or at one of its boutique hotels for a quieter experience. Rent a scooter to have the freedom to boot around the island with the one you love. If you are the type of couple that likes to golf together, there’s a world-class golf course and plenty of water sports. For romantic evenings dine at the lighthouse for the best sunsets in Bermuda.
Famous for its pink sand beaches, such as Horseshoe Bay Beach and Elbow Beach, clear blue waters and a subtropical climate Bermuda is an excellent choice off the beaten path. Couples can visit the Crystal Caves, go Boating or sailing and spend the day in the historic town of St. George.
Where to Stay in Bermuda
- The Reefs Resort and Club: This resort is perched on limestone cliffs overlooking its private beach, offering panoramic ocean views, a spa, and three high-end restaurants.
- Rosewood Bermuda: An upscale resort offering elegant rooms, a private beach club, golf course, spa, and multiple dining options.
- Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa: This adults-only resort features cottage-style rooms and a private beach, making it a romantic option for honeymooners.
The best time to visit Bermuda is during the spring and fall when the weather is warm and the crowds are fewer.
- Read More about Bermuda’s 27 of The Best Things to Do in Bermuda
21. Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is one of our all-time favorite travel destinations and it’s another unforgettable honeymoon destination. Stay in a luxury lodge in the middle of a national park with elephants walking through the grounds or book an exclusive suite on the beach. Sri Lanka has everything a honeymooner could ask for with the perfect blend of affordable luxury and adventure.
This island nation in the Indian Ocean offers a mix of culture, adventure, natural beauty, and luxury. With eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the ancient cities of Polonnaruwa and Sigiriya you’ll never run out of things to do. The country offers a variety of luxury accommodation options ranging from beachfront resorts to tea estate bungalows and eco-lodges in the jungle.
Sri Lanka is home to a plethora of wildlife that rivals Africa for safaris, including elephants, leopards, and a variety of bird species. You can visit national parks like Yala and Udawalawe for safari adventures. For pure old fashioned romance, take a scenic train ride through the lush green tea plantations and mountain ranges to the town of Ella.
Where to Stay
- Cape Weligama: Located on the south coast, this resort offers private pool villas with stunning views of the Indian Ocean.
- Ceylon Tea Trails: This is a collection of colonial-era tea planters’ bungalows turned into luxury accommodations in the midst of tea plantations in the Central Highlands.
- Wild Coast Tented Lodge: On the edge of Yala National Park, this unique luxury lodge blends seamlessly with its surroundings, offering the thrill of a safari adventure with all the comforts of a luxury resort.
The best time to visit Sri Lanka depends on the region due to its two monsoon seasons. The south and west coasts and Hill Country are best visited from December to March, while the east coast is best from April/May to September.
- Start Planning your honeymoon in Sri Lanka
With couples resorts on every coast, Jamaica is one of the most affordable honeymoon destinations on our list. But don’t worry, you can also splurge on a luxury resort and break the bank here as well. Jamaica makes for such a romantic vacation, we wrote an entire article about a Honeymoon in Jamaica.
Jamaica has many all-inclusive five-star resorts that offer pure luxury and cater to couples. It has perfected the couples travel experience making it the ideal honeymoon destination with a white sand beach to go with nearly every resort, plenty of honeymoon packages, and tons of adventure.
Romantic honeymoon excursions include dining on a private beach, taking jerk cooking classes, couples massage, and bamboo rafting the Martha Brae River. Spend a day a Dunn’s River Falls, walk Negril’s Seven Mile Beach, or swim in its warm waters on horseback.
Where to Stay in Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation, Ocho Rios: This is an all-inclusive luxury resort for couples only, offering a tranquil escape with a private beach and world-class amenities.
- The Cliff Hotel, Negril: A beautiful boutique hotel with a stunning cliffside location, offering spacious and elegant accommodations with breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea.
- Half Moon, Montego Bay: This luxury resort features a beautiful private beach, an award-winning spa, and an equestrian center.
The best time to visit Jamaica is November to mid-December when the weather is most pleasant, and the hotel and flight prices are generally lower.
- Read More at Best Beaches in Jamaica – 18 Beautiful Places to Soak up the Sun
- 33 of the Best Things to Do in Jamaica
- 22 Things to Do in Montego Bay
- We loved our stay at the Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall
23. Queensland, Australia
For that epic honeymoon destination giving you complete bragging rites, Queensland, Australia tops our list. Even though the entire country is a popular honeymoon destination, we would rank Queensland as one of the best honeymoon destinations in Australia.
This romantic getaway is high on our list because of its natural beauty and diversity. From the second largest and oldest rainforest in the world to the largest coral reef on earth, this dream destination has it all. From the sandy beaches of the Gold Coast and Whitsunday Islands to the lush jungle of the Daintree Rainforest you have plenty of places to choose from.
Queensland boasts some of Australia’s best beaches, like those on Fraser Island, the world’s largest sand island and Queensland’s capital, Brisbane, which offers a thriving arts scene, stylish boutiques, and rooftop bars with views of the city and river.
Where to Stay
- Qualia, Hamilton Island: This luxury resort in the Whitsundays offers beachfront villas, a spa, and access to the Great Barrier Reef.
- Daintree Ecolodge: For an eco-friendly option, this resort in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest offers treehouse-style accommodations.
- Emporium Hotel, Brisbane: If city living is more your speed, this boutique hotel in Brisbane offers a rooftop pool and is close to some of the city’s best attractions.
The best time to visit Queensland depends on the region, but generally, the winter months (June – August) offer milder temperatures and lower rainfall.
- Read More at 23 of the Most Iconic Places to Visit in Australia
- 15 Amazing Wildlife Encounters in Western Australia
- 18 Great Things to do in Queensland, Australia
- Visit the Silky Oaks Lodge for a Romantic Honeymoon in Queensland.
24. Bavaria, Germany
Bavaria is the land of fairytales. It offers an enchanting blend of cultural heritage, stunning landscapes, historical towns, and warm hospitality. Neuschwanstein Castle is often called the “fairy-tale castle,” and is a must-visit but there is so much more to Bavaria.
Home to the Romantic Road, this place was made for romance. From its majestic Alps, serene lakes, and rolling meadows to its cities like Munich, Nuremberg, and Regensburg offering a mix of medieval charm there. is something for everyone.
Whether you want to hike in the Bavarian Alps, take a romantic boat ride on Lake Chiemsee, or cycle through picturesque vineyards, Bavaria offers a wealth of outdoor activities.
Where to Stay
- Schloss Elmau, Krün: This luxury spa retreat and cultural hideaway is nestled in the Bavarian Alps and offers an array of wellness and cultural activities.
- Hotel Bayerischer Hof, Munich: One of Germany’s most renowned hotels, it offers luxury accommodations in the heart of Munich.
- Burg Colmberg, Colmberg: Stay in a historic, yet comfortably furnished, castle hotel in Franconia, offering beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.
The best time to visit Bavaria is between May and September when the weather is warmer and the landscapes are at their most vibrant.
Bhutan is a tiny kingdom nestled in the Himalayas between China and India and is truly a trip that will kick off any relationship after the intense pressure of weddings. It’s rich in cultural heritage, it’s a spiritual retreat, and an adventure all wrapped into one vacation.
Known as the Last Shangri-La, Bhutan has a well-preserved culture and traditions that are deeply rooted in Buddhism. Visit ancient temples, monasteries, and dzongs (fortresses) to immerse yourself in the country’s spiritual heritage. Bhutan is the only country in the world that measures its success through Gross National Happiness, rather than GDP. This focus on well-being and environmental conservation creates a peaceful and serene environment that’s perfect for a romantic retreat.
Couples can hike to Tiger’s Nest Monastery, visit the Punakha Dszon and enjoy a hot stone bath.
Where to Stay
- Amankora: This luxury lodge chain has five lodges across the country in Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Gangtey, and Bumthang, allowing you to experience different parts of Bhutan without sacrificing comfort.
- COMO Uma Paro: Located in Paro, this hotel offers luxury rooms and villas, a spa, and Bhutanese and Indian cuisine.
- Gangtey Lodge: Located in the Phobjikha Valley, this lodge offers stunning views and easy access to nature and cultural activities.
Bhutan has a policy of “High Value, Low Impact” tourism, which means it’s never crowded, preserving its tranquility and natural beauty. The best times to visit are during the spring (March-May) and fall (September-November) when the weather is mild and the skies are clear.
26. Banff Lake Louise
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies in Alberta, Banff, and Lake Louise are the most beautiful places in Canada. When you come upon Lake Louise, you will literally gasp in awe at its beauty.
There’s a wealth of activities to choose from, regardless of the season. In the warmer months, hiking, canoeing, horseback riding, and wildlife viewing are popular. In winter, the region transforms into a winter wonderland, with skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and ice skating.
Couples can take a romantic canoe ride on the emerald waters of Lake Louise. After a day of outdoor activities, relax in the natural hot springs in Banff, a perfect place to unwind together. Or perhaps you can hit the road and spend the day exploring the Icefield’s Parkway. With awe-inspiring mountains, glaciers, and turquoise lakes Banff is truly a gem of Canada.
Where to Stay
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise: Overlooking the stunning Lake Louise, this luxury hotel offers world-class accommodation, dining, and spa services.
- Banff Springs Hotel: Known as the “Castle in the Rockies”, this historic hotel provides luxurious rooms and suites, a golf course, a spa, and several dining options.
- Deer Lodge: Located beside Chateau Lake Louise and just a five-minute walk to Lake Louise, this is a great alternative to the more expensive Fairmonts. Read more: Where to Stay in Banff, The Best Areas
The best time to visit depends on the activities you’re interested in. June to August and December to March are the peak seasons for summer and winter activities respectively.
27. Nikko Japan
Nikko, a small city in Japan’s Tochigi Prefecture, is an excellent honeymoon destination for couples who appreciate history, culture, and nature. Surrounded by Nikko National Park, Nikko is an outdoor lover’s dream combined with incredible culture and history.
Japan is such a sensitive and spiritual destination and staying at a Ryokan in Nikko is one of the most unique honeymoon destinations that you’ll ever experience. The rituals that take place in a Ryokan make you feel like ancient Japanese royalty. Japan is famous for its hot springs, and Nikko is no exception. Couples can relax together in a private onsen which is a quintessentially Japanese experience.
The city is located in the mountains and is famous for its beautiful scenery, including waterfalls, hot springs, and the tranquil Lake Chuzenji. Nikko is also home to the UNESCO World Heritage site – the “Shrines and Temples of Nikko”, a complex of over a dozen Shinto and Buddhist buildings set in a beautiful natural environment. And don’t miss visiting the Kegon Waterfall, one of Japan’s highest.
Where to Stay
- Ryokan Yunishigawa: This traditional Japanese inn is located in a historic area, offering indoor and outdoor hot spring baths, as well as traditional kaiseki dinners.
- Kanaya Hotel: The oldest Western-style hotel in Japan, it is located near the World Heritage area and offers a blend of Japanese tradition and Western convenience.
- Chuzenji Kanaya Hotel: Located by Lake Chuzenji, this hotel offers beautiful views, relaxing hot spring baths, and exquisite French cuisine.
The best time to visit Nikko is during the fall (October to November) when the autumn colors are in full display. However, it’s beautiful year-round, with cherry blossoms in the spring and snowscapes in the winter.
- Read More at Complete Nikko Japan Travel Guide – 18 Things to do and Places to See
- Suggested hotel in Nikko – Nikko Kanaya Hotel
28. Turks and Caicos
Turks and Caicos is known for its pristine white-sand beaches, crystal-clear turquoise waters, abundant marine life, and luxury resorts. Grace Bay Beach is often voted as one of the best beaches in the world, perfect for sunbathing, beach strolls, and watersports.
Beyond the beaches, explore nature reserves, marine parks, and hidden cays. Visit the Conch Bar Caves, the largest cave system in the Caribbean, or kayak in the mangrove channels of Princess Alexandra National Park. Compared to other Caribbean destinations, Turks and Caicos is less crowded, offering a peaceful and intimate setting for honeymooners.
Where to Stay
- Amanyara: This luxury resort offers secluded pavilions and villas, a world-class spa, and a beautiful natural setting.
- COMO Parrot Cay: This private island resort offers beachfront villas, a top-notch wellness center, and a range of activities.
- The Palms Turks and Caicos: Located on Grace Bay Beach, this resort offers a mix of rooms and suites, a fantastic spa, and several dining options.
The best time to visit Turks and Caicos is April to May, where you’ll find comfortable temperatures, fewer crowds, and lower prices than the peak winter season.
29. Niagara Falls
It was once called the Honeymoon Capital of the world and Niagara Falls is still one of the best honeymoon destinations in Canada. If you have never seen Niagara Falls, you will be in awe of its size. It may be surrounded by a city, but the falls are wild and untamed.
Book a jacuzzi suite overlooking the falls and enjoy champagne and strawberries by the fireplace. There are as many adventures as there are romantic excursions in Niagara Falls.
But Niagara Falls isn’t only about the views, it has adventures too from Journey Behind the Falls to Ziplining and boat tours right into the center of Horseshoe Falls, you’ll be sure to stay busy. Make sure to visit nearby Niagara on the Lake on a wine tour.
Where to Stay in Niagara Falls
- Marriott Fallsview – Hands down our favorite hotel in Niagara Falls. Best view, best location, best rooms.
- Sheraton on the Falls: This luxurious hotel on the Canadian side of the falls offers rooms with spectacular views, a spa, and several dining options.
- Radisson Fallsview has one of the best room views in Niagara Falls. Niagara Falls is the numero uno honeymoon destination in Canada.
Niagara Falls is a year-round destination, though the warm months of summer (June to August) are the most popular time to visit.
- Read More Where to Stay in Niagara Falls – Best Areas
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Nearby Niagara on the Lake is another great honeymoon destination. 15 Amazing Things to do in Niagara on the Lake – Canada
30. Big Sur
California has had a rough time with fires and erosion, but it is still a beautiful stretch of highway along the Pacific Ocean with gorgeous scenery, secluded beaches, and rocky sea cliffs. Big Sur offers a variety of unique lodging options, from luxurious resorts nestled on cliffs overlooking the ocean to cozy cabins in the forest.
There are numerous trails for hiking and places to camp, as well as beautiful beaches to explore making. It’s the perfect destination for active couples. Big Sur is just a short drive from other notable California destinations like Monterey and Carmel-by-the-Sea which are also awesome honeymoon locations. Unlike crowded city destinations, Big Sur offers a sense of tranquility and privacy that is perfect for a romantic getaway.
Where to Stay
- Post Ranch Inn: This luxurious adults-only resort is perched on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, offering stunning views and a variety of spa services.
- Ventana Big Sur: Another luxury option, Ventana offers suites and villas, many with private decks and hot tubs overlooking the ocean or forest.
- Glen Oaks Big Sur: For a more rustic experience, Glen Oaks offers cozy cabins and cottages in the redwoods, some with private outdoor fire pits or hot tubs.
The best time to visit Big Sur is during the spring and fall when the weather is mild, and the summer crowds have subsided.
Where to Stay in Big Sur
- Read more to help plan your honeymoon at Big Sur Road Trip – The Best Viewpoints
- Glamping in Big Sur – Luxury in the Redwood Forest
31. Costa Rica
Costa Rica is a honeymoon getaway for the adventure lover. With volcanoes and jungles, wildlife, and endless beaches, it is a great adventurous honeymoon destination. We were actually on a cruise with people celebrating their honeymoon in Costa Rica.
The country is bordered by both the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, offering an array of stunning beaches. From the golden sands of Guanacaste to the black sand beaches of the Osa Peninsula, there’s a beach for every taste.
Explore cloud forests, rainforests, and national parks to see exotic wildlife like monkeys, sloths, and countless bird species. If you’re an adventurous couple, Costa Rica is perfect. Activities include white-water rafting, ziplining, hiking, surfing, and snorkeling.
Thanks to its volcanic activity, Costa Rica is home to several natural hot springs. Many resorts offer spa services where couples can unwind and enjoy a relaxing massage or treatment.
Where to Stay in Costa Rica
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa: Nestled in the heart of the rainforest near Arenal Volcano, this resort offers luxury accommodations, thermal hot springs, and a world-class spa.
- Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo: This luxury resort offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean, multiple pools, and several dining options.
- Nayara Gardens: Near Arenal Volcano, this hotel offers luxurious villas, beautiful gardens, a top-rated spa, and the chance to see wildlife like birds and sloths right from your room.
Costa Rica’s dry season, from mid-December to April, is generally the best time to visit. However, the green season (May to mid-December), while rainier, offers lush landscapes and fewer tourists. With its abundance of natural beauty and adventure, Costa Rica offers couples a unique and exciting honeymoon destination. Read more at Things Do to in San Jose, Costa Rica
32. Krabi, Thailand
There is a reason that everyone on Earth wants to visit the islands of Thailand. Whenever we go back, we take note that it truly has the most beautiful beaches in the world. There are so many of them on all the different islands in the south. Go Island hopping from Phuket to Ko Lanta, to Koh Phi Phi and Railay. The possibilities are endless.
Our pick for a honeymoon is Krabi. Located on the Andaman Sea in southern Thailand, is a paradise for honeymooners. Its breathtaking natural beauty, white sandy beaches, and vibrant marine life make it an unforgettable destination.
Krabi is known for its stunning landscapes, including towering limestone cliffs, and clear turquoise waters. With over 150 islands and a mainland coastline that boasts beautiful beaches like Railay Beach and Ao Nang Beach, couples can enjoy lounging on the sand, taking in sunsets, and swimming in the clear waters. Krabi offers numerous outdoor activities, including rock climbing, snorkeling, scuba diving, and sea kayaking. Exploring the area’s marine parks and limestone caves can be a memorable part of your trip.
Couples can bond by rock climbing in Railay or simply relax in the Emerald Pool and Hot Springs. Book a Four Island Tour or take a Thai Cooking Class.
Where to Stay
- Rayavadee: Nestled in the heart of the stunning Phranang Peninsular, this luxury resort offers private villas and a unique setting amidst tropical gardens and coconut groves.
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve: This resort offers spacious villas with private pools, an infinity pool with views of the Andaman Sea, and several restaurants serving both international and Thai cuisine.
- The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort: Overlooking the stunning Tubkaak Beach and surrounded by the natural beauty of Krabi, this resort offers private villas, a spa, and a beachfront pool.
The best time to visit Krabi is during the dry season, from November to April when the weather is pleasant and suitable for beach activities and island hopping. Its combination of natural beauty, adventure, and relaxation makes Krabi an ideal destination for a romantic and exciting honeymoon.
Thailand has pristine white sand beaches at an affordable price. It is definitely one of the most affordable honeymoon destinations on this list. You can get 5-star luxury hotels at 3-star prices in Thailand.
33. Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town South Africa is a dream destination. With gorgeous beaches, impressive wildlife, luxurious hotels and hop urban settings, Cape Town has it all. Head out to wine country to taste some of the best wines in the world, go whale watching or if you are feeling adventurous dive with sharks.
Known as the “Mother City” of South Africa, Cape Town is a fantastic romantic destination due to its unique combination of natural beauty, vibrant culture, exciting outdoor activities, and world-class food and wine.
It seriously is one of the most beautifully situated cities in the world, nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the iconic Table Mountain. Cape Town’s beaches are some of the most beautiful in the world. Whether you prefer the trendy vibe of Camps Bay, the penguin colony at Boulder’s Beach, or the tranquil setting of Llandudno, there’s a beach to suit every mood.
With hiking trails up to Table Mountain or Lions Head, surfing, paragliding off Signal Hill, and cage diving with Great White sharks this makes for an epic honeymoon destination.
Where to Stay
- The Silo Hotel: This luxurious hotel, located above the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa, offers panoramic views of the city and an exclusive experience.
- Ellerman House: Situated in Bantry Bay, this hotel offers beautiful ocean views, a private art collection, and a top-notch wine cellar.
- Cape Grace: Nestled on a private quay in the V&A Waterfront, Cape Grace offers stylish rooms, a luxury spa, and easy access to shopping and dining options.
Cape Town can be visited year-round, but its summer season (November to February) is particularly appealing for a honeymoon. With its combination of natural beauty, exciting activities, and rich culture, Cape Town offers an unforgettable honeymoon experience.
34. Bora Bora, Tahiti
Bora Bora, an idyllic island in French Polynesia, is often considered one of the most romantic places in the world and is an excellent choice for a honeymoon. Here’s why: Bora Bora’s luscious green landscape and crystal-clear turquoise waters are breathtaking. The island’s beauty is genuinely second to none, with its iconic overwater bungalows and dramatic volcanic peaks, creating a postcard-perfect setting.
Many of Bora Bora’s resorts are located on private motus (islets), offering unparalleled privacy and tranquillity – ideal for newlyweds looking for a secluded retreat. Known for its luxury accommodation Bora Bora is famous for its luxurious overwater bungalows, offering panoramic views of the lagoon and Mount Otemanu. These accommodations often come with private plunge pools, sun decks, and glass-bottom floors, providing a unique and luxurious lodging experience.
The island’s lagoon is a protected sanctuary brimming with colorful reefs and an array of marine life, making it perfect for snorkeling and diving. Book a private lagoon tour to enjoy snorkeling with stingrays or enjoy a sunset cruise. Have a private beach picnic or splurge on a helicopter tour around Mount Otemanu
Where to Stay in Bora Bora
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora: Offers luxurious overwater bungalows and beachfront villas. They provide a dedicated Honeymoon Package that includes a romantic dinner on the beach and other treats.
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort: Known for its spacious overwater villas, some of which feature private pools. Their romance concierge can organize a range of tailored experiences.
- InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa: Famous for its award-winning spa, it’s a great option for couples seeking rejuvenation alongside romantic indulgence.
And these are our choices for the best honeymoon destinations on earth. Where did you go for your honeymoon? Or, where are you planning to go when you get married? Let us know in the comments below, we’re always looking for romance.
35. Udaipur India
Udaipur, known as the “City of Lakes” and the “Venice of the East,” is one of the most romantic cities in India. A city filled with palaces Udaipur is enchanting. It is famous for its beautiful lakes like Lake Pichola and Lake Fateh Sagar, and for its majestic palaces, such as the City Palace and Lake Palace. Looking over Lake Pichola at sunset is one of the most romantic things we did in India.
Couples can take a boat ride on Lake Pichola to enjoy stunning views of the city’s palaces and havelis and explore the grand architecture of City Palace. A visit to Saheliyon-ki-Bari is a must to see its garden adorned with kiosks, marble elephants, delightful fountains, and a delightful pool. And at night, attend a traditional Rajasthani dance and music performance at Bagore Ki Haveli.
Where to Stay
- The Oberoi Udaivilas: This luxury hotel is located on the banks of Lake Pichola and offers stunning views, opulent rooms, and world-class service.
- Taj Lake Palace: One of the most romantic hotels in the world, this hotel floats on Lake Pichola and offers a royal experience.
- The Leela Palace Udaipur: Overlooking Lake Pichola, the Leela Palace combines modern luxury with traditional Rajasthani elegance.
The best time to visit Udaipur is during the cooler months from September to March.