A list of travel blogs that we are fans of and personally follow.
These travelers are inspiring, offer great advice, and have excellent content. Plus, we know a lot of them in person too!
This list has been going since 2009 and we continuously update it when we find interesting travel bloggers around the web.
Travel Blogs Table of Contents
These top travel blogs are broken down by category to help you find what you are looking for
About This Travel Blog List
Most of the travel bloggers on this list are travelers that have been doing their jobs for years.
They have honed their skills at travel photography, travel writing, and social media.
They have been exploring the world for a very long time and have thousands of articles filled with expertise.
Through their words, they show their passion for travel and travel blogging.
We’ve seen many travel bloggers come and go. These are the travel blogs that will be around for years to come.
The Best All-Around Travel Bloggers
These Travel Blogs that have consistently been leaders in the industry for years on end.
These are our go-to travel websites and they are excellent travel resources.
- Curb Free with Cory Lee – Award-winning Travel Blog, breaking barriers and sharing his travel experience as a disabled traveler
- Expert Vagabond– Follow Matt’s adventures as he does everything from hitchhiking across the US to trekking through Afghanistan
- Globetrotting Mama – contributing editor at National Geographic, columnist at the Globe and Mail, and so much more! Follow Heather and her family around the world.
- Johnny Jet – Johnny was named the original influencer by Forbes Magazine
- Oneika the Traveller – Canadian on-air personality, host, journalist and award-winning travel blogger.
- Our Awesome Planet – The number one travel blog in the Philippines with some great videos too.
- The Blonde Abroad – Kiersten is the premiere solo female traveler focusing on photography and lifestyle
- Y Travel Blog – Our favorite family travel blog focusing on inspiring travel stories and information.
Most of these blogs have not only been around for a long time, but they also have authority, expertise, and experience.
Best Travel Blogging Adventure
Adventure travel is the foundation of our travel blog so we love finding people pushing their limits.
- Adventure Junkies – A resource of travel guides for all things adventure
- Divergent Travelers – America’s Adventure Couple living by tbe motto – Dare, Dream, Diverge.
- Easy Hiker – Hiking and adventures for beginners.
- Etramping.com – A place for those who seek adrenaline and have a curiosity for new unique destinations.
- Hike Bike Travel – Canadian adventurer, Leigh offers itineraries from over 3 decades of travel.
- Monkeys and Mountains – Adventure by Day, Luxury by night. Canadian ex-pat in Germany.
- Mapping Megan – Megan and Mike are Adrenaline junkies.
- Nomadaurus – Alesha and Jarryd travel the world 365 days a year since 2008!
- Off The Path – Sebastian has done adventures in 100 countries and lived in 10!
- Wild Junket – Veteran adventure travel blogger, tour leader and mum on a quest to visit every country in the world.
- The World Travel Guy – David has done it all from surviving earthquakes in Indonesia to bombings in Bangkok. And he does it all on a modest budget.
Travel is expensive, but these travelers show you how to make the most of your budget on the road.
- Budget Traveller – Kash has a unique niche of making budget travel glamorous and luxurious.
- The Broke Backpacker – Travelling the world on the cheap with Will Hatton.
- Fox Nomad – Excellent recourse for budget, green, safety, culture, and technology while traveling.
- Goats On The Road – Canadian Adventure-loving, travel couple giving budget travel tips and advice.
- Professional Hobo – Canadian writer Nora shares financial travel advice to make your travels last.
- Travel Freak – Jeremy has been living life to the fullest at TravelFreak since 2010.
- Wandering Earl – Traveling non-stop since 1999. Inspiring the world with 18 years of travel!
Canadian Travel Bloggers We Love
Canadians take up a lot of real estate on the Internet in the world of Travel Bloggers.
While going through our list, we noticed that a lot of our favorite travel blogs are Canadian
Psst, there are other Canadian Blogs listed throughout this list. We’ve bolded them. How many can you find?
- Bacon in Magic – Sharing the best food from around the world and how to make it at home.
- Cheese Web – Alison is a Canadian lifestyle and garden photographer.
- Free Candy – a fun chronicle of unfortunate coincidences and bizarre experiences.
- Going Awesome Places – Looking for detailed itineraries and travel guides? Will is the place to go!
- I Backpack Canada – Everything you need to know about travel and backpacking in Canada
- Legal Nomads – A Former Layer eating her way around the world since 2008!
- Katherine Everywhere – Award-winning TV Editor, Travel Writer and family travel expert
- Rudderless Travel – Great resource for short trip/mini-breaks; weekend getaways or business trips.
- Travel Junkie Julia – On-air TV travel host and accomplished writer transitioning from solo female to family travel.
- Travel off Path – Canadian entrepreneurs, and advocates of choosing experiences over things.
- Thirsty Journeys – Quenching your thirst and reviewing drinks from around the world
- Traveling Mitch – Currently in Toronto but still searching for that place to call home.
- Wandering Wagars – An adventure travel family that has traveled with their two boys to over 18 countries on 4 continents
Travel Blogs Top Couples
As a travel couple ourselves, we are always looking for other couples to inspire us. These are our favorites.
- Couple’s Coordinates – Alex and Michael call Southern California home, but travel the world 50% of the year.
- Drink Tea Travel – Max and Oksana call Canada home but hold several passports between them.
- Explore Shaw – A travel blog with big focus on Australia travel. Watch for complete a lap of Australia in a renovated vintage caravan in 2020.
- Getting Stamped – First-hand accounts of couples travel and excellent photography.
- Honey Trek – The Worlds Longest honeymoon and writers of National Geographic’s Ultimate Journeys for Two.
- Imvoyager – Luxury, Culture, Heritage, and Nature. Aiming to drive change through our travel.
- Local Adventurer – Esther and Jacob run a travel lifestyle blog that has been moving us to a new city each year.
- Londoner In Sydney – a travel guide for expats moving to Sydney, Australia.
- Never Ending Voyage – a digital nomad couple who sold everything we owned to travel the world indefinitely
- Roar Loud – Cathy and Frank explore the world, from mountain hikes to street art adventures.
- Two Monkey’s Travel – Kach and Johnathan met while travelling, married, started the blog and now are sailing around the world.
- Worthy Go – Chris and his wife Laura share what locations are worthy to visit.
A lot of family travelers we followed are all grown up. Several couple’s travel blogs have now turned into families!
And several solo travel blogs have turned into couples. How times have changed!
- 52 Perfect Days – French Born, American travel writer shows you how to turn your travel dreams into reality.
- 2Travel Dads – 2 Dads showing their 2 Kids the world.
- Explore With Erin – Family travel combining lifestyle, food and her travel brand
- Girl Gone Travel – Encompasses all things travel for friends, family, and lovers.
- Lau Family Travels – a theme park loving family of three who enjoy traveling together whenever possible.
- A Revolving Compass – A travel couple from India sharing how to travel more with kids, in spite of having day jobs.
- Travel Babbo – after years of posting about travel on Facebook Eric finally started his own blog to inspire family travel.
- Traveling Canucks – We knew this Canadian couple when they were a duo, now they are a family!
- Vagabond3 – A Twitter contest in 2009 started their travel, now they do adventures around the world as a family.
LGBTQ Travel Blogs
We love how diverse the travel blogging space is.
Travel inspires people and breaks down barriers. These are the blogs leading the way.
- Dobber Nation Loves – Canadian Andrew Dobson blog covers travel, lifestyle, and food from around the world.
- Out With Ryan – Canadian blogger Ryan won the 2018 Notable Travel Influencer of the Year Award!
- Nomadic Boys – Stefan and Sebastien are a gay couple showcasing romantic, culinary and outdoor adventures.
- Travels of Adam – a lifestyle blog for men and other stylish travellers. The ultimate hipster.
- The Globetrotter Guys – Sion and Ben are a married couple from the UK showcasing the best luxury and adventure gay travel hotspots around the world.
- 2Travel Dads – 2 Dads showing their 2 Kids the world.
Luxury Travel Blogs
There are a few people that really know how to travel in style. Here are some luxury blogs to check out.
- Anna Everywhere – You’ll find Ann at a luxury hotel one day and at an active volcano the next.
- Camels and Chocolate – Kristin Luna is a photo-taking, food-loving, Southern belle of a journalist
- Luxe Adventure Traveler – How to have luxury adventure vacations. Adventure isn’t all about roughing it.
- Velvet Escape – Keiths travels are his Velvet Escape which acts as a platform for his travel ideas, tips, and photos.
- Wandering Carol – Respected Canadian travel writer and columnist that also runs this luxury travel blog.
Photography Travel Blogs
A lot of travel blogs have beautiful photography. These are the ones that stand out to us.
- Insatiable Traveler – enjoy the award-winning photography of Susan Portnoy showcasing safaris, inspiration and travel tips.
- Lola Akinmede – Award-winning photographer based in Sweden and represented by National Geographic Creative.
- Mallory on Travel – Making Every Day an Adventure!
- Minority Nomad – Erick is on a quest to become the first African American to visit every country in the world.
- Ottsworld -Sherry has been non-stop traveling for more than a decade!
- Everything Everywhere – Travel blogging around the world since 2007.
- Finding the Universe- Travel information around the world.
Top Solo Female Travel Blogs
These solo female travelers are an inspiration giving tips and advice on traveling the world solo.
- A Dangerous Business – One ordinary girl in search of life’s extraordinary stories and adventures.
- Adventurous Kate – 74 countries 7 continents, travelling the world for 10 years.
- Anna Sherchand – a Solo female travel blogger from Australia (born in Nepal) who is passionate about helping you travel better.
- Be My Travel Muse – Kristin is an award-winning solo female travel blogger and expert on solo travel.
- Angie Away – A full-time travel evangelist sharing my adventures and tips on balancing life.
- The Blog Abroad – A fun blog pushing the envelope of what’s possible.
- Borders of Adventure – A leading travel resource for social, historical, political and cultural reporting.
- My Life’s a Movie – Alyssa’s blog truly does look and feel like she is living her own travel movie.
- Ordinary Traveler – Travel is more than just a vacation It’s about learning new languages, exploring new cultures, and opening our minds.
- Solo Traveler – Two Canadians sharing how traveling solo offers a unique opportunity to discover the world and oneself.
- The Shooting Star – Indian Travel Blogger seeing offbeat travel.
- Young Adventuress – An American based in New Zealand showcasing adventures around the world and in Wanaka.
Best Sustainable Travel Blogs
Most travel bloggers are very aware of the environment and traveling responsibly (especially the blogs on this list)
But these are the travel blogs that focus on eco-tourism and sustainable tourism.
- A Little Adrift – Shannon started an around the world trip in 2008 and hasn’t stopped
- Breathe Dream Go – Mariellen splits her time between Canada and India with a focus on sustainable travel.
- Charlie on Travel – a UK travel blogger writing about sustainable travel around the world.
- Green Global Travel – Mary and Bret focus on nature, wildlife conservation, and cultural preservation
- Uncornered Market – Dan and Audrey draw their readers in through photographs and stories.
Video Travel Bloggers
There are a lot of amazing travel Vloggers out there and we have a list you can follow on the link above. These guys and gals also run successful travel blogs too!
- Hopscotch The Globe – Our favorite travel vloggers too! Fellow Canadians and the cutest couple we know.
- Migrationology – Migration Mark lives a spontaneous lifestyle of unplanned migrations throughout the earth.
- See You Soon Travel – Travel writer, videographer, and photographer from Toronto, Canada. Since 2011.
- Tourist2Townie – Follow Gareth as he finds out exactly what it takes to become part of a foreign community.
- Travel Yourself – Canadian Cailin O’Neill travels the world filming her series about traveling by yourself
Read our list of Favourite Travel Vloggers
The Best Travel Blogs that Cover Everything
There are many travel blogs out there that aren’t put into a particular category. These are other travel blogs we love.
- Dave’s Travel Corner – Running since 1996, this travel blog site is huge! It’s a great travel content and research provider.
- Everything Zany – Focusing on travel as a British- Filipina dual citizen showing the best of both worlds.
- Gap Year Escape – Amar’s personal blog for backpackers everywhere
- GoNomad – Everything you want to know about travel since 2002.
- Inside The Travel Lab – Abi writes about Art, Science, and Unusual Journeys
- The Sabbatical Guide – the best resource on the internet for sabbatical and career break information.
- Sophies World – Ever since I was a child, I’ve enjoyed writing and traveling.
- Time Travel Turtle – Michael is a former on-air personality from Australia who switched to blogging and telling his own stories.
- The Irish Road Trip – Inspiring you to explore Ireland’s so that its charm and beauty hugs your soul.
- Travel Addicts – The explorations of Laura and Lance, 2 busy professionals who work to support their travel habit
- Travel and Destinations – Mike aims to write the highest quality content to help travelers around the world.
- Travel Writers Exchange – A community of travel writers, bloggers, and journalists exchanging tools, tips, and resources.
- Traveldudes – Tips, information, news and advice for travelers, by travelers
- What’s Danny Doing – Traveling the world in a bid to figure out exactly what he’s doing with his life.
Pin all of these best travel blogs to Save to Pinterest
If you would like to be added to our travel blogs list, please send us an email at [email protected]
Minimum requirement 3 years of blogging.