Why Write for Us?
When we first started travel blogging, we had a lot of information to share but very few people visited our website. We wanted more people to hear our story and realized that the way to do that was to write for other people. When we wrote for more established blogs we were not only excited and thrilled to see our story on their page, but it also helped us to build our name and brand around the Internet.
As people linked back to our blog, The Planet D grew to become an authority in travel. Now we want to help you reach a larger audience, help build your page authority and get more eyes on your travel stories from around the world.
How will you gain a new audience?
- The Planet D receives 1 million + monthly readers and our stories are often picked up by Flipboard and other high-volume aggregators.
- The Planet D website has a strong page authority: 75 Ahrefs, 65 SEMRush, 64 Moz
- You will receive an author bio with links to your website and social media channels
- We’ll share your article on social media and tag your Twitter, and Facebook pages.
- 130,000 Twitter followers
- 196,000+ Facebook fans.
- 2.4 million people engaging on Pinterest.
our writing guidelines
Want to write for one of the leading travel websites on the Internet? The Planet D is owned and operated by Dave and Deb and we are always looking to help writers get their content seen. We’re looking for articles that are destination-specific, including city guides and ” X things to do in…” We are also looking for epic adventures or inspirational stories that can inspire others to live a life less ordinary.
Please read the guidelines below before submitting your ideas.
- We’re looking for a minimum of 2500 words.
- Please make sure to craft your article in a professional manner, and proofread for grammatical errors and sentence structure.
- If you are pitching “X things to do in”, we need photos to go with each number. Eg. “14 things to do” should be 14 photos plus a separate featured image photo and bio photo.
- For other stories, please include a minimum of 10 photos. 9 photos for the body of the text and one header image (1600px) on the long side.
- All photos must be your own.
- Photos should be 1600px wide for horizontal photos. 975px wide for vertical. The file size should not exceed 300kb. They can be sent via WeTransfer.
- Send a YouTube Video Link if you want to include the video and your YouTube URL so we can help generate subscriptions to your page.
- All articles must be original content. They must not have been posted previously anywhere on the internet and photos must be your own.
- Make sure to include an author bio with your website and social media links
- We don’t write about captive animal experiences so please do not include zoos (or similar) in round-up article.
- Each article will include one link to your personal blog within the body of the article (links must have something to do with the article and give further information to help the reader – non-competing keywords to ThePlanetD) and a link to your travel blog and social channels in the author bio.
- All articles should be submitted via Word Document and clearly indicate where the photos should be placed in the article.
**Please note that failure to adhere to the guidelines will result in the exclusion of your article from publication**
How to Submit Your Story
- Contact us via our contact form with your story idea and we’ll send you our email address.
- email us directly at theplanetd (at) gmail (dot) com
- Photos can be submitted via WeTransfer or Google Drive
Note Copywriters and companies: These guidelines are not for copywriters or sponsored blog posts. This is for individuals and fellow travel bloggers who want to share their experiences with a wider audience. For companies wishing to advertise with us, please visit our advertising page.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Comments are closed.