Want to write for one of the leading travel websites on the Internet? We’re looking for articles that are destination-specific, including city guides and ” Things to do in…” style posts. Please read the guidelines below before submitting your ideas.
Here are our writing guidelines:
**Please note that failure to adhere to the guidelines will result in the exclusion of your article from publication**
- We’re looking for a minimum of 1500 words.
- Please make sure to craft your article in a professional manner, proofread for grammatical errors and sentence structure.
- Please include a minimum of 7 photos. 5 photos for the body of the text, one header image (1600px), and one vertical image for Pinterest (975 px wide). Photos must be your own.
- If you are doing a top 10 post, we need photos to go with each number. Eg. “14 things to do” should be 14 photos plus a separate featured image photo and bio photo.
- Photos should be 1600px wide for horizontal photos. 975px wide for vertical. File size should not exceed 300kb. They can be sent via WeTransfer.
- Send a YouTube Video Link if you want to include video and your YouTube URL so we can generate subscriptions to your page.
- All articles must be original content. They must not have been posted previously anywhere on the internet.
- Make sure to include a bio for the bottom of the post.
- Each article will include one link to your personal blog (links must have something to do with the article and give further information to help the reader) And the author bio will link to your home page and your social channels.
- All articles should be submitted via Word and clearly indicate where in the article the photos should be placed.
Note Copywriters and companies: These guidelines are not for copywriters or sponsored posts. This is for individuals and fellow travel bloggers who want to share their experiences with a wider audience. For companies wishing to advertise with us, please visit our advertising page.
Don’t try to fake it with a fancy email, we will know by the link that you are asking for and if you waste our time, we won’t be returning your email.
Why Write for Us?
When we were starting out, we had so much to say and wanted more people to hear our story. When we wrote for the blogs that we admire and enjoy, we were excited and thrilled to see our story on their page. We were even more excited when we watched our website grow because we were making new friends and gaining a new audience.
How will you gain a new audience? We’ll share your article and tag your Twitter, Facebook.
Our website with our 500,000 + monthly readers,
130,000 Twitter followers and
196,000+ facebook fans.
2.4 million people engaging on Pinterest.
We know that people enjoy our stories. They’ve heard it from us, now they want to hear from you. Show them that anyone can live an extraordinary life and that travel can enrich their lives just as it has enriched yours.
Show us what you got baby!
- Contact us via our contact form with your story idea and we’ll send you our email address.
- Send us a Tweet or DM Us on Twitter and we’ll get back to you with our details
- Leave us a message on our Facebook Fanpage.
- or email us directly at theplanetd (at) gmail (dot) com
Can’t Wait to Hear From You!