Want to write for one of the leading travel websites in the Internet? We're looking for articles on inspirational travel, photo stories, tips, top 10's, and your experiences traveling the world. Please read the guidelines below before submitting your ideas.
Check out previous guest posts
Here are our writing guidelines:
**Please note that failure to adhere to the guidelines will result in exclusion of your article from publication**
Personal Experience Stories:
- We’re looking for a minimum 800 words of your own amazing experience.
- Please make sure to craft your article in a professional manner, proofread for grammatical errors and sentence structure.
- Please include a minimum of 7 photos. 5 photos for the body of the text, one header image (800px) and one vertical image for Pinterest (735 px wide). Photos must be your own.
- Photos should be 800px wide for horizontal photos. 735px wide for vertical and sent via WeTransfer or DropBox.
- Send a YouTube Video Link if you want to include video and your YouTube URL so we can generate subscriptions to your page.
- All articles must be original content. They must not have been posted previously anywhere on the internet.
- Make sure to include a bio for the bottom of the post with all your social media accounts and your travel blog linked so we can promote your article and you.
- Please send a headshot to go with your article and that should also be 800x minimum.
- Please do not include any more than two external links within the body of the text.
- All links are no-follow, with the exception of the link to your personal blog.
- When submitting photo stories or videos we ask for minimum 300 words to go with the photos or video.
- All articles should be submitted in HTML form and clearly indicate where in the article the photos should be placed.
Note Copywriters and companies: These guidelines are not for copywriters or sponsored posts. This is for individuals and fellow travel bloggers who want to share their personal stories, photos, videos with a wider audience. For companies wishing to advertise with us, please visit our advertising page.
Don't try to fake it with a fancy email, we will know by the link that you are asking for and if you waste our time, we won't be returning your email.
Why Write for Us?
When we were starting out, we had so much to say and wanted more people to hear our story. When we wrote for the blogs that we admire and enjoy, we were excited and thrilled to see our story on their page. We were even more excited when we watched our website grow because we were making new friends and gaining a new audience.
How will you gain a new audience? We'll share your article and tag your Twitter, Facebook.
Our website with our 400,000 + monthly readers,
130,000 Twitter followers and
190,000+ facebook fans.
We’ll Stumble and share with our 2-million Google Plus readers it and make sure to give you the credit!
We know that people enjoy our stories. They've heard it from us, now they want to hear from you. Show them that anyone can live an extraordinary life and that travel can enrich their lives just as it has enriched yours.
Show us what you got baby!
- Contact us via our contact form with your story idea and we’ll send you our email address.
- Send us a Tweet or DM Us on Twitter and we’ll get back to you with our details
- Leave us a message on our Facebook Fanpage.
- or email us directly at theplanetd (at) gmail (dot) com
Can't Wait to Hear From You!